A Global Manufacturer
JCB, the world’s third largest construction equipment brand, has 22 plants on four continents: 11 in the UK, six in India and others in Brazil, the USA & China and employs more than 12,000 people worldwide.
JCB is privately-owned by the Bamford family and the company was founded on October 23rd, 1945, by the late Joseph Cyril Bamford CBE in Staffordshire. His son Anthony was born on the same day as the company was founded and has been at the helm as Chairman since 1975. He is now Lord Bamford after Her Majesty The Queen conferred the honour of a Life Peerage upon him in 2013.
In 2013 the company celebrated the production of its one millionth machine – enough diggers to stretch from the UK to Australia. The millionth machine, a 22 tonne JS220 tracked excavator, was produced in shimmering silver to mark the milestone.
JCB’s investment in new plants, products and customer support continues to underpin future growth, with the opening in September 2012 of a new purpose-built factory in Brazil to manufacture backhoe loaders and large excavators. In recent years, the company’s investments have included JCB Heavy Products factory in Uttoxeter, Staffordshire and the extension to its backhoe loader plant in New Delhi, India, which is now the largest backhoe loader factory anywhere in the world. JCB opened another fabrications and assembly factory in Jaipur in November 2014.
JCB manufactures more than 300 different machines including: backhoe loaders; Loadall telescopic handlers; tracked and wheeled excavators; wheeled loading shovels; articulated dump trucks; rough terrain fork lifts; mini excavators; skid steers loaders and JCB compaction equipment. For agricultural markets, the company produces a range of telescopic handlers and the unique Fastrac range of tractors. JCB also manufactures the Teletruk forklift for the industrial sector.
Since 2004, JCB has gone from a new entrant to engine manufacturing to a major global producer with a fast-growing reputation for delivering fuel efficient new products. One of the biggest investments in its history was the development of the JCB Ecomax T4 engine in readiness for incoming Tier 4 interim emissions legislation for mid-range machines.
JCB has also established a comprehensive generator range of 77 models. There are 19 standard build power outputs from 8-600 kVA, with bespoke builds from 860-2350 kVA. This covers both 50 and 60Hz, single and three phase technology. These generators cover open, canopy, rental and telecommunications models.
JCB has won more than 50 major awards for engineering excellence, exports, design, marketing, management and for its care for the environment. Among them are 27 Queen’s Awards for Technology and Export Achievement.
JCB is committed to constant innovation: we challenge accepted knowledge and use our understanding to develop more productive, more powerful and more profitable machines.
It's due to our investment into research and development that we can offer a continually updated range of over 300 machines. We now boast the largest range of compact equipment in the world and have developed solutions for industries as diverse as construction, agriculture, waste handling, landscaping, military, timber and many other specialist areas.
And there's much more in the pipeline.
- Largest range of compact products in the world
- Over 300 machines in the range
- World leader in telescopic handlers
- Number 1 worldwide in backhoe loaders
- Major player in heavyline products
JCB Tie3 4/Stage 3B Solution
- NO DPF = Significant fuel savings, decreasing downtime, reducing whole life service costs, increasing packaging flexibility, better resistance to varying fuel qualities.
- Engine Response = Further engine response improvements compared to current Tier 3 engines giving your operators and productivity planners more “bang for their buck”
- Fuel Consumption = 5 – 10% improvement over Tier 3 engines
- Low cost of ownership = Giving measurable value to your customers by decreasing down time and reducing servicing and fuel costs
- Worldwide service and support network – Setting out to “delight” and exceed expectations of the customer in the most demanding environments around the globe.
- Performance = 55kW / 74bHP - 129kW / 173 bHP with world beating torque levels at low engine speeds (375-750 Nm)
JCB - High Mobility (HM) Defence Machines
JCB high mobility defence machines are specifically developed with military input to meet emerging military operational challenges.
Each machine features full suspension, ABS braking, a top speed in excess of 55mph (88kph) and exceptional cross country mobility, meaning that they are all self-deployable, enabling the maintenance of operational tempo, increasing efficiency and reducing the number of troops required on the ground.
All are also designed for inter-operational mobility and can be transported in a C-130, whilst HMRTF will fit inside a standard ISO 20ft container.
- Purpose designed and built for military use
- Ability to maintain operational tempo allows rapid response
- Self deployable, with full suspension and ABS braking enabling travel speeds of over 88kph
- Can be transported in a C-130
- Support can be delivered immediately to the deployed force
Massive Investment Results in Industry's Cleanest Engine
JCB has made one of the biggest investments in its history to develop the off-highway sector’s cleanest engine in readiness for incoming emissions legislation.
The keys benefits of the innovation are:
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Reduced cost of ownership
- Better reliability
- Better packaging and no compromise of machine design